In the past, I purchased boots from Target each fall. While these boots were cute—they only lasted one season. Since starting my slow fashion journey, I now am brand-loyal to Nisolo Shoes because of their ethical practices and high-quality shoes. They are more than worth the investment because they hold up well, are extremely comfortable, and go with everything! If you are looking for some boots for fall, here are some of my favorite sustainable leather boots from Nisolo!
Why I Think Nisolo Shoes Has the Best Boots for Fall
Nisolo Shoes is a fair-trade leather goods company that is committed to sustainable and ethical practices. They share extensively and transparently on their website about their sustainability measures, working conditions, and how their shoemakers are treated.
Nisolo shoes are artisan and made by extremely talented craftsmen and women. They are high quality, beautiful, and stand the test of time.
These four boots from Nisolo are the best boots for fall!
How to Choose the Best Boots for Fall
Nisolo Everyday Mia Ankle Booties
These boots are the perfect transition shoe from summer to fall. Because they are ankle booties, I prefer to wear them with no-show socks or even without socks.
I think they look best with jeans, but they are also super cute with dresses and skirts! If you live in a climate that doesn’t have very cold winters, these are the perfect leather boots for fall!
I chose them in the color auburn because it is bold and smooth, but they also have several other beautiful shades!
- Shirt: ABLE Clothing Smocked Alma Shirt (save 15% with code MILLER15)
- Skirt: Madewell, bought secondhand from ThredUp (use this link to save 45% on your first order)
- Shoes: Nisolo Everyday Mia Ankle Booties in Auburn (use code THEMILLERACRES to save 20%)
Nisolo All-Weather Amalia Boots
The Amalia Boots were my first boots from Nisolo. They are the most comfortable boots I own. They mold to your feet and have adjustable laces. I love pairing these boots with jeans and linen jumpsuits.
They have a rugged look that brings some edge to softer outfits. I have them in the color Tobacco and my sister has them in the color black.
Better yet, the Amalia Boots are weather-resistant. While they are not rain boots, I have worn mine in rain and snow, and they have held up great!
If you prefer a casual look and want a comfortable leather shoe for fall, I highly recommend the Amalia Boots.
I recommend sizing up at least half a size and a full size if you have wide feet!
Want to see just how many ways you can wear these Amalia Boots? Check out this post!
- Shirt: Sezane Pullover, bought secondhand on ThredUp (similar)
- Jeans: Madewell, bought secondhand from ThredUp (use this link to save 45% on your first order)
- Shoes: Nisolo All-Weather Amalia Boots in Almond (use code THEMILLERACRES to save 20%)
Nisolo Carmen Chelsea Boots
If I had to pick one pair of fall boots, it would be the Carmen Chelsea Boots.
They can easily be dressed up or dressed down. They don’t have a tall heel, so they don’t read super dressy. But, they do have a polished look unlike the ruggedness of the Amalia’s.
I love to pair mine with tights and skirts and dresses or with jeans. They are really comfortable and come in several different colors.
Size up at least half a size or a full size if you have wide feet! You can always wear thick socks if they are too big.
- Shirt: Sezane Silk Wrap Blouse, bought secondhand on ThredUp (similar)
- Jeans: Target Universal Thread (similar in black)
- Shoes: Nisolo Carmen Chelsea Boots in Almond (use code THEMILLERACRES to save 20%)
Nisolo Heeled Dari Boots
If you prefer a classic, semi-formal look—I highly recommend the heeled Dari boots. They are simple yet sophisticated.
Although they have a defined heel, they are still comfortable for walking around in! They are cute with jeans, but my favorite thing to pair them with are long dresses!
I sized up half a size in these boots! If you are unsure on sizing, the reviews on Nisolo’s website are really helpful!
- Jacket: ABLE Merly Jacket (save 15% with code MILLER15) and see this video or this post for styling tips
- Dress: Target, several years old
- Shoes: Nisolo Heeled Dari Boots in Almond (use code THEMILLERACRES to save 20%)
Nisolo Shoes Discount Code
Nisolo generously gave me a discount code to share with you! This code will get you 20% off all items–yes, even sale items–at Nisolo! Use code THEMILLERACRES to save HERE!
This post is all about how to choose the best Nisolo boots for fall.